SOCIAL SCIENCES TUTORING & SUPPORT
UNDERSTAND THE WORLD AROUND YOU & THRIVE
IMSA Academy Learning Centers: We Make Learning Meaningful and Purposeful
IMSA Academy was established to provide support to struggling students with scientific subjects. While the centers provide assistance in all academic subjects, it lays more emphasis on STEM subjects such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We assist students with learning challenges as well as gifted students who want to excel in a particular subject.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR CHILD?
Why do you need tutoring services for your child? According to USA Today, the following are the top five reason parents needs a tutor for their children.
Parents general say, ” I am looking for a tutor because
- My child has lost focus in math class
- My child’s grades are dropping math
- My child is working hard to no avail /has learning disabilities in math
- I do not have time and the math skills to sit and help my child with school work
- My child has lost motivation”
HOW IMSA EXPERT TUTORS CAN HELP
Our five-step approach:
- Identify the problem: each student who enrolls at IMSA takes a diagnostics test
- Design a Targeted Learning Success Plan: our expert design a personal plan for the child
- Build Confidence: we empower the student to believe in their abilities
- Implement the TLSP ( Targeted Learning Success Plan): we provided dedicated support
- Monitor, Assess and Reinforce/Redirect: we follow with metrics and adjustments as needed
A STUDENT-CENTERED APPROACH
Our tutoring approach is not a one-size-fits-all method. We instructed on the unique need potential and learning style, interest and motivation of each learner who comes to IMSA Learning Centers. Six fundamental questions help us diagnostic the personal issue that may impact the learning of each student:
- Why do I need to better understand social studies?
- How relevant the study of social science for my career and my personal interest?
- How can I be a good social science student?
- How to tame my fear of social studies?
- What topics of social studies do I struggle with the most?
- What is my grade goal in social studies subjects this year?
DEVELOP A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF SOCIAL STUDIES TOPICS
Success Academy is an integrated program of enrichment and academic follow-up that is particularly relevant to students who have weaknesses in one or more academic subjects. Success Academy is ideal for struggling, recalcitrant, and emotional summer students.
The social sciences cover a large and complex field. One tutoring goal is to structure a comprehensive framework for tutees by providing context, applying theories, and using analogies to make concepts understandable. Another strategy is to nurture critical thinking by asking students to analyze, evaluate, and use support evidence as they deal with course content. Tutors must also guide students to master the terminology. Distinctions between confusing terms should be clarified and made meaningful. The social sciences often have essay type exams. Preparing by creating practice test questions can increase student success. Encouraging students to predict questions will allay test anxiety and empower students in their own learning.
BENEFIT OF THE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN IMSA METHOD
- Mastery Building Comprehensive Support: We bring exceptional physics tutoring assistance. We help students develop quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Empowered-based Tutoring: We provide a learning platform which facilitates students to clear the doubts instantaneously, with the tutor. The study of physics is from understanding the principles on which it works.
- Goal-Oriented and Targeted Training: We offers physics tutoring to meet and match the student’s requirement.
- Expert Skills: As a STEM-focus learning center, IMSA is staffed with expert science tutors and coaches who do not just focus on tutoring; they focus on empowering the student to master and tame the subject areas.
- Purposeful Learning: Parents choose to bring their children to IMSA Learning Centers because of the value they receive. In order for students to master the topics in a physics class, they, need the following:
IMSA TUTORING STRATEGIES
Tested strategies that bring results:
1. Remediation :
Remedial Tutoring is ideal if your child is struggling with grade-level concepts and is falling behind.
- we focus on the student becoming proficient in a certain area or subject.
- we reteach to give the student content skills that he needs to master concepts, reach benchmarks and stay caught up with peers.
Coaching is ideal for students who have issues with study skills, personal time management, and organization and are overwhelmed.
- We teaching each student how to learn.
- we empower the students with the skills that he needs to meet academic goals and succeed academically.
Support is ideal if your child who is struggling in several subjects and are a risk of failing the class.
- We blend remediation with coaching to address both the content and the student’s learning skills.
- After identifying the challenge, we empower the student with study skills to become successful in the particular subjects
This is an intensive rescue plan for students who have significant deficiencies in many subject areas and are at risk of failing across the board.
- We utilize intensive deeper learning strategies to minimize the deficiencies and help the student become successful
- Intervention is meant to give the student the strategies to become proficient with a differentiated learning approach.
Tutoring is not just for struggling students. It is also for strong students. Our enrichment programs in our Challenge Academies are designed for students who want to challenge themselves to a higher level of learning.
- We use accelerated method to teach targeted topics for strong, gifted, AP and Honor students.
- We challenge and engage students in particular areas of learning such as AP subjects, Math, Science and specific topics, such as geometry, trigonometry, modeling, chemistry, biology, physics, anatomy, etc..e and challenge the student in a particular area of interest or strength.
Many students fail a test, not because they do not know the material, but because the have test anxiety, lack of test strategies, lack preparation, or a combination thereof.
- Our social studies test preparation academy focuses on teaching the mindset, strategies, skills, and techniques needed to score high on any math tests.
- The test preparation empowers the student to master the math portion of any college admission test such as the SAT/ACT, the GRE or the GMAT.
COMMON TOPICS STUDENT STRUGGLE WITH AND THAT WE COVER DURING OUR TUTORING SESSIONS
We offer personalized support to consolidate students’ learning and to develop study strategies. The role of IMSA tutor is to help his students improving academic proficiency and growth by increasing confidence and motivation.
Some of the popular subjects in a social studies class:
- US History
- World History
- Human geography
- political geography
- Political Science
- and more
COMMON THEMES STUDENTS NEED TO MASTER
- Time, continuity and change
- People, places, and environments
- Individual development, and identity
- individual, groups, and institutions
- Power, authority, and governance
- Production, distribution, and consumption
- Science, technology, and society.
- global connection
- Civic ideal and practice
- COMMON TOPICS IMSA COVERS IN K-12 IN SOCIAL STUDIES TUTORING SESSIONS
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in the earth and the universe
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in atmosphere and climates
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in landforms
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in civilization, culture, and culture regions
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in human, physic, and economy geography
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in historical and cultural geography
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in government, US and local government
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in the US constitution
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in comparative political and economic systems
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in imperialism and industrialization
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in eras and periods
- MSA social sciences tutoring in international conflicts
- social sciences tutoring in international relationship
- social sciences tutoring ing micro-economics
A STUDENT-CENTERED CURRICULUM
How we tutor math: our physics tutoring curriculum is a blend of interactive, manipulative and experimental exercises. We do so with each student’s learning style in mind. We depart. Physics lessons are better grasped when taught with experiments and probing on the outcome. It’s a method of self-discovery by trial and error method to learn the underlying concepts in physics.
How we make math relevant: as the scientific study of the motion of matter in relation to space, time, energy and force physic is one of the most fundamental sciences. We help the student build a strong foundation in physics by empowering to see the relevance of the topics taught in class. With our interactive method, we make learning physics easy, fun and less intimidating.
- A Program with Measurable Results
If your child has difficulty in math or has developed a fear of math; or if it is below its level of study. Some students are very interested in mathematics.
Our program gives taste and interest and a sense of learning math. Soon, you will be surprised by the excitement and joy of learning math. Our mission is to create a craze and interest in math.
IMSA Academy Tutoring offers home, onsite and online math tutoring service for elementary, middle, high school and college in all subjects including math, sciences, social sciences, language arts and composition, reading, college subjects, and test preparation.
- Homework help and social studies tutoring
- Test preparation
- Summer math classes
- Semi-private math tutoring
- Online math tutoring
GUARANTEEING YOUR CHILD’S SUCCESS
If your child has difficulty in math or develops a fear of math; or if it is below its level of study. Some students are seriously interested in math subjects.
Our program gives meaning to learning. Soon, you will be surprised by the excitement and joy of learning. Our mission is to create a craze and enthusiasm for each subject they learn.
- Placement & Tests & Reports
Before students enroll in the program, they take a diagnostics test to assess their level of proficiency and to determine their areas of needs.
- Parental Involvement
We invite parents to take an active part in the intellectual and academic progress of their children. We do not replace them; we bring them the expertise and support needed to ensure the academic success of their children. Thus, each week, parents have access to progress reports and a monthly summary of the child’s performance.
- Security and Staff Competence
We take the welfare of your children seriously and take all the necessary steps to ensure the protection and confidentiality of their personal and academic data. We follow all interactions to detect and remedy any suspicious actions. Our staff is composed of experienced educators who have extensive experience in their matters of competence. They are men and women who have a passion for their respective subjects.
PLATFORMS & CALENDAR: Our programs are available on several platforms.
- Virtual Live Course: from the comfort of his home, the learner participates in a course on our Eduvisuo audiovisual network with a teacher in real-time. Participants see themselves on their computer or tablet screen and can participate verbally and in writing and exchange documents instantaneously. The system is very efficient and allows them to chat, having tests to test. Participants need a computer or tablets with Internet access and a microphone and headset with Internet access.
- 1-ON-1 Private Course Tutoring: The course and gives by a Success Coach who spends 2-3 hours two-three times a week with the student
- Semi-private (Small Group) Tutoring: The student participates in a private class or small groups at one of our centers with our certified instructors. These are versatile multimedia centers, including computers and all the teaching equipment.
- Year-round Programs: Our programs run year-round
FEES & PAYMENT
- Price: course prices vary from one program and cover one month. The fees are paid by automatic bank cards on the first of the month.
- Materials and equipment: Although students do not buy any materials, they must have access to a computer, a smart TV or a tablet with internet access
REGISTRATION & SUPPORT
IMSA Academy Tutoring & Training
2070 Sugarloaf Parkway Suite 600,
Lawrenceville, GA 30045 USA
Tel: (678) 392-3388
Toll-free (800) 604-4040
Fax : (678) 882-7744
Email: info @ imsa-academy.com
For any information regarding the IMSA Programs, please write us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST.
NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLS WE PARTNER WITH
- Archer High School
- Dacula High School
- Grayson High School
- North Gwinnett High School
- South Gwinnett High School
- Collins Hills High School
- Phoenix High School
- Central Gwinnett School
- McConnell Middle School
- Couch Elementary
- Harbins Elementary
- Dacula Middle School
- Pharr Elementary
- Discover High School
- Richard Elementary.
- and many more
TOP 20 CITIES FOR IMSA MATH TUTORING/TUTORS NEAR YOU.
- IMSA Math tutoring in Lawrenceville, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Snellville, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Dacula, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Grayson, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Norcross, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Duluth, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Loganville, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Buford, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Suwanee, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Roswell, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Sugar Hills
- IMSA Math tutoring in Alpharetta, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Atlanta, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Tucker, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Stone Mountain, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Jones Creek, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Conyers, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Lithonia, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Decatur, GA
- IMSA Math tutoring in Stockbridge, GA
TOP 20 CITIES FOR IMSA MATH TUTORING/TUTORS NEAR YOU.
- IMSA microeconomics tutoring in Lawrenceville, GA
- IMSA geography tutoring in Snellville, GA
- IMSA human geography tutoring in Dacula, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Grayson, GA
- IMSA social sciences tutoring in Norcross, GA
- IMSA human geography tutoring in Duluth, GA
- IMSA US history tutoring in Loganville, GA
- IMSA world history tutoring in Buford, GA
- IMSA political science tutoring in Suwanee, GA
- IMSA history tutoring in Roswell, GA
- IMSA US constitution in Sugar Hills
- IMSA American history tutoring in Alpharetta, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Atlanta, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Tucker, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Stone Mountain, GA
- IMSA r social studies tutoring in Jonescreek, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Conyers, GA
- IMSA r social studies tutoring in Lithonia, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Decatur, GA
- IMSA social studies tutoring in Stockbridge, GA
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 26
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes